Sunday, September 5, 2010

Spotlight Interview: Ebony Shaw



Hey Divo Lovers. I got a chance to catch up with Ebony Shaw. A young entrepreneur who owns a hair salon and the fab Swank: A Posh Boutique(which has been mentioned in previous blog entries). She's a very cool person and I thought it would be nice to share some insight on her with my divo bloggers....

DL:How did Swank come about?
Its a really silly story.. I have a hair salon (Fulfilled Salon Eastpointe MI), and a young lady would come in my Salon selling jewelry and clothes every weekend. So, one day I pulled her to the side and asked her how much money did she make traveling to different salons on the weekends and of course her number was interesting to me. So, she gave me information I did some research and here I am with Swank A Posh Boutique as well as www.shopswankonline.com



DL:From my understanding,Swank started out in the mall. What made you start your own franchise separate from any other entities?
The mall was surprisingly slow. I was located right outside of Nordstroms and even they were one the slower stores in the mall.. So Swank knew this wasn't the right spot... We needed to be in a well known suburban area where there were frequent shoppers.. so here we are now in Southfield



Since you hand pick the clothes for the store yourself, what kind of designs do you look for?
A nice sleek look.. however I have to cater to all of my girls so I basically look for trends along with setting them.. I keep my mannequins "tight"... That's the first look that my customer sees.. that's the look that drives them in we have items from corsets to graphic tees to blazers.. Swank has something for all including different body types





DL:Explain the ultimate "Swanky" lady. What does she wear?
She wears a nice clean bandage dress with accessories that make her outfit pop... along with the baddest platform heel with of course a red bottom



DL:If given the opportunity, would you expand Swank to different states? countries even?
Yes, I would love too! However my capital MUST be at LARGE



DL:What is your vision for Swank say 5-10 years down the line?
The BEST!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment