Thursday, September 23, 2010

Spotlight Interview: Malachi Artese



Malachi Artese Is An Up And Coming Eye Wear Designer Who Will Be Taking The Eye Wear Business By Storm. With His Shades Being Built Off Self Expression And Emotion, He is Sure To Make A Name For His Self In The Industry. Based Out Of The City Of Chicago Already Booking Five Shows, Six Photo Shoots, And Being Interviewed For Countless Number Of Blogs, He Shows That His Work Day Never Ends. His Work Has Been Seen And Worn By Kenny Santucci From MTV’s The Real World As Well As Aubrey O’Day From Danity Kane, With A Goal To Get Many Other Celebrities Framed. Divo's life was lucky to catch this busy man and ask him a few quick questions for our viewers.....

DL: How did you start designing eye wear pieces?!

MA: I have like tons of shades different brands colors and even shapes. When you shop its hard to find the shades that you are in love with and complete you. So you spend hundreds of dollars as soon as you find those special frames that you like. A friend and I were sitting in my apartment one day when stated that I should start making shades, and from that day it was history.



DL: Do you do other accessories?!


MA: I am actually working on my second collection which is entitled WONDERLAND. I want to step out side of the box and bring fashion to the lives of everyone. Basically I want everyone to imagine what they are afraid to wear and actually wear it. I will be designing shoulder pads, necklaces, and even top hats now. i want to take it to a place that I have never taken it before.



DL: I've seen some of your eye wear pieces and they are very edgy! Are you inspired by other edgy eye wear designers like Coco & Breeze and Stevie Boy?!


MA: Ive been designing for about 5 months now. I heard of Coco and Breezy about a month after me starting. Stevie Boi I heard of maybe 2.5 months after me starting. I believe we all have similar vibes but I would never say that I am inspired by them. I believe in being an individual. I try to stay away from the connection between us three and work on Malachi Artese as a designer. So the answer would be no.



DL: What kind of person would you like to see wearing your designs?!

MA:
I believe my target market is everyone. I would not say that anyone in particular is my target audience. There are people whom I would like to see in my work but its not a big deal to me. I do it for the love not the fame. I would like to see people such as Dawn Richards, Teyana Taylor, and even Lady Gaga in my items. I try to remain humble and maybe it will come into play one day.



DL: Do you work with anybody else when producing your pieces?

MA:Hard to believe but I do not work with anyone, I have no assistance at all. I dont even have a team. I believe the best way to work as a designer is solo.




DL: Where do you see your brand 5-10 years down the line.?
MA: I see my self being a house hold name. I already have some huge things in the works, so hopefully things work out as I step into my second collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment